- 1 (9-inch) double pie crust, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups apricot halves
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
Preheat oven to 425 F. Place half of the pie crust into a pie pan.
Whisk together white sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
Place apricots in a separate large bowl and stir in lemon juice. Add sugar mixture to apricots and toss gently to mix.
Pour apricots into partially-baked pie crust. Evenly distribute the tiny butter cubes on top of the apricot mixture. Top with remaining pie crust and crimp to seal to the bottom pie crust. Cut slits in the top for vents.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden and apricot filling just begins to bubble through the slits. Sprinkle the top of the pie with 1 teaspoon white sugar as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings