- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn, husked
- 5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup packed thinly sliced fresh basil
- 5 plum or two large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Using large knife, cut corn kernels from cob. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red peppers; sauté 1 minute. Add corn; sauté until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add half of basil.
Transfer corn mixture to large bowl. Cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil and remaining basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover; chill 3 hours or up to 8 hours.